tl;dr Grove collects and stores data about your progress, public profile, and purchases in iCloud. I respect your privacy as much as I can, and your personal information (i.e. email, name, etc) is never stored or sent off of your device. All personal information is kept anonymous unless you choose to share it. Some additional stuff is sent to Apple like crash reports.
We collect information you provide directly to us when you use our Services. Depending on which Service you use, we may collect different information about you. This includes:
Information Regarding Your Use of the Services
We collect the content and other information you provide when you use our Services. This includes information used to access your account (e.g., Apple ID account identifiers), account preferences, and the content of information you post to the Services (e.g., text, photos, votes).
You may choose to provide other information directly to us. For example, we may collect information when you fill out a form, participate in contests, sweepstakes or promotions, apply for a job, communicate with us via third-party sites and services, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us.
When you access or use our Services, we may also automatically collect information about you. This includes:
Log and Usage Data
We may log information when you access and use the Services. This may include your IP address, user-agent string, browser type, operating system, referral URLs, device information (e.g., device IDs), pages visited, links clicked, user interactions, the requested URL, and search terms.
Information Collected from Cookies
We may receive information from cookies, which are pieces of data your browser stores and sends back to us when making requests. We use this information to improve your experience, understand user activity, and improve the quality of our Services. For example, we store and retrieve information about your preferred language and other settings.
We may offer social sharing features or other integrated tools that let you share content or actions you take on our Services with other media. Your use of these features enables the sharing of certain information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the third party that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the third parties that provide these social sharing features (e.g., Tumblr, Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter).
We use information about you to:
- Provide, and maintain the Services;
- Help protect the safety of Grove and our users, which includes blocking suspected spammers, addressing abuse, and enforcing the Grove's user agreement;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, invoices and other support and administrative messages;
- Provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, and events, and provide other news and information we think will be of interest to you (for information about how to opt out of these communications, see “Your Choices”); and
- Monitor and analyze usage, and activities in connection with our Services
When you use the Services, certain information may be shared with other users and the public.
We will not share, sell, or give away any of our users’ personal information to third parties, unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- If you participate in contests, sweepstakes, promotions, special offers, or other events or activities in connection with our Services, we may share information with entities that partner with us to provide these offerings;
- We may share information (and will attempt to provide you with prior notice, to the extent legally permissible) in response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request;
- We may share information in response to an emergency if we believe it's necessary to prevent imminent and serious bodily harm to a person;
- We may share information if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or other Grove's policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of ourselves and others;
- We may share information with your consent or at your direction.
We may share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Ads and Analytics PartnersGrove does not use third-party ad-networks or analytics packages. Your data does not leave Grove's systems under normal operating use.
We take reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
As a Grove user, you have choices about how to protect and limit the collection, use, and disclosure of, information about you. This includes:
PreferencesWe may provide you with tools and preference settings that allow you to access, correct, delete, and modify information associated with your account.
Account InformationAccount information is stored in Apple's iCloud. To delete all account information you can either choose to delete your iCloud account or you may remove Grove's data from iCloud using Apple's instructions.
Promotional CommunicationsYou may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us by following the instructions in those communications. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as information about your account or your use of our Services.